Mental Health and Addiction in the Legal Profession: A Call To Action
On September 9, 2016, The Kennedy Forum and Illinois Lawyers’ Assistance Program (LAP) co-hosted a breakfast event at Chicago Cut Steakhouse. The event was focused towards those in the legal profession. According to a landmark study released in early 2016, those in the legal profession have higher rates of mental health and addiction issues than in other professions.
115 people attended breakfast that was generously sponsored by Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation, Clifford Law Offices, and Jenner & Block LLP.
The event featured Illinois Supreme Court Justice Anne Burke, ESPN legal analyst and writer Lester Munson, Patrick Krill, who helped author the study, lawyers Tony Pacione of Illinois LAP, Stephanie Stewart of Meyer Law Group, and Jason Guisinger. Additionally, the panel was joined by author and entrepreneur Eric Langshur. The keynote was attorney and author, Brian Cuban.
The Chicago Daily Law Bulletin covered the event and published a piece September 13. You may read a copy by clicking here:
More about the Speakers:
- More about Brian Cuban and his work.
- More about Eric Langshur, his book and Life-XT.
- Patrick Krill Strategies.
About Illinois Lawyers’ Assistance Program:
- LAP’s Annual Dinner is November 3 at The University Club of Chicago, with Keynote Speakers: WGN Anchor: Mark Suppelsa and Musician: Ava Suppelsa. For tickets and more information, visit www.lap2016annualdinnertickets.eventbrite.com.
- To learn more about Illinois Lawyers’ Assistance Program, visit their website.
If you’re interested in some of the content presented by the speakers at this event, you may find more information below.