Webinar: Hoops, Hurdles and Holdups: Overcoming Private Insurance Barriers for Behavioral Health Providers
|Date:||June 7, 2023|
Presented by The Kennedy Forum and Employee Benefits Security Administration (EBSA)
Despite enactment of the Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act 15 years ago, individuals seeking treatment too often encounter coverage barriers. Renewed efforts at both the federal and state level to enforce existing laws and close coverage gaps are underway to realize parity and create a more equitable system. What rights and tools exist for behavioral health providers, patients and advocates facing claim denials? How can providers in Illinois and in other states leverage new regulations around medical necessity and network adequacy to improve access and reimbursement? Where can providers and patients turn for assistance?
Join this timely discussion with our featured panelists:
- Meiram Bendat, Attorney at Psych-Appeal, Inc.
- Lauren Finke, Policy Director, The Kennedy Forum
- Timothy Hauser, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Program Operations, Employee Benefits Security Administration (EBSA)
- Karen Wolownik Albert, CEO, Recovery Centers of America
- Moderator: Joseph Feldman, MBA
Submit questions on your interest areas via the registration form. Register today!