Executive Director, The Kennedy Forum Illinois
The Kennedy Forum Illinois (KFI) is seeking an Executive Director to lead our mission – to end stigma and discrimination against people with mental health and addiction challenges. Our aim is not just to change the conversation, but to change the system in attitude and practice.
KFI is a leader in changing the way mental health care and substance use disorder treatment is delivered in America. The Executive Director will have the overall strategic and operational responsibility for KFI programs including oversight of the annual national convening, financial resource development, organizational expansion, and staff.
The ideal candidate will positively influence and inspire, and has experience in health care policy, with an emphasis on mental health and addiction. Key responsibilities include:
- Partners with the Board of Directors to ensure sustained support for the organization’s mission and strategic direction
- Cultivates financial and in-kind support through active engagement of board members, funders, committees, volunteers, and collaborating organizations
- Ensures ongoing policy and program excellence
- Leads, coaches, develops and retains a high-performance team
- Cultivates and deepens relationships with funders, and political and community leaders
- Leads strategic business planning process and manages the organization’s budget and finances
- Collaborates with the Kennedy Forum national team in all aspects of fund development, program initiatives, and communications
- Advanced degree preferred, ideally an MBA or MPA
- Strong senior management experience with a proven record of accomplishments
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
- Success working with and cultivating relationships with the Board of Directors
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and project management skills
The Job Description follows.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com